Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Random Thoughts after a Great Thanksgiving

I hope everyone enjoyed the Thanksgiving holiday. We Joiners did. Here are some random thoughts after a restful few days:
  • Carol (my sister), Karen (Carol's daughter), Jessica (Karen's daughter), Owen (Jessica's son), Matt and Kelly (Gerre/Jo's son and daughter in law), Trinity and Reagan (Matt/Kelly's daughters), and Gerre/Jo visited Mother at Governor's Ridge a few days before Thanksgiving. I made a little video of it. Sang on it. View it here. 

  • Do you get sick of viewing television reports of celebrities who are pregnant (or splitting up or going into a rehab facility), then viewing reports of people being killed by the hundreds by a backpack bomber and wondering, "Is the celebrity pregnancy really news?"  We're living in a crazy time.
  • Do you wonder what you would do if a terrorist attack occurred near where you live? What would you do?
  • If you do much with digital photographs, you must look at Picasa3. It's a great (and free) program for managing and sharing your photographs. It's super-easy to make a simple movie, too. Check it out. It's a Google product.
  • Does anyone have a humorous Thanksgiving story from this season? How about sharing with the bunch?
  • Trivia Question:     Who are some of the Lorenzo folks who have become outstanding in their respective fields (entertainment, music, sports, science, education, etc.)? 
  • When I send the link to the updated Lorenzo Blog, I'm going to show (in the address field) all the names of the folks to whom I'm sending the note. If you see someone whose email address I've lost, please send me a post and let me know. I've lost Cam Lawson's address. I've lost his sister, Lu's email address. There must be others who are lost to me because of hard drive crashes.
  • Attendance for the reunion several weeks was kind of low. What were some of the factors? Gas prices? Other? What say ye? Us Joiners were swamped with studio things, church things, and school things.
  • Who was the best teacher you ever had in the Lorenzo ISD? What were the characteristics of this person?
Must run. Hope all is well where you friends are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home